The Emergency Singing Sensation

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Fans Club, hehe!

Yesterday, UP SIKAT had a performance at the 2nd National ECE Students Summit which was held at the UP Theatre.

UP SIKAT has performed at the Theatre several times already, but yesterday was my first time to join them in the Theatre. The UP Theatre is home to several presentations such as: SOP Campus Tour, Miss Earth Beauty Pageant (both local and international), UltraElectroMagneticJam Album Launch, StreetFuzion, UP Pep Squad's Concert, Awitan, etc.

We performed our standard "voice talents" (this was the request of the organizers). I was using one of two cordless microphones so I was the first to enter the stage. I greeted the audience and introduced myself when someone from the audience screamed Ay! Si Marian! I had no idea who it was...I'm guessing it's one of my batchmates from highschool. Because of that, I had an instant fans club. A lot of the audience cheered me whenever it was my turn to perform. It was really funny because usually it's Drewla who'd be the crowd-pleaser but yesterday, it was me.

I'm really curious who screamed out my name. I did introduce myself when I entered the stage but the person who screamed out my name seemed to recognize me. Even my orgmates were surprised. Sabi nila, "kabugera ka talaga, pati ba naman yung audience?" Drewla was jokingly giving me dagger looks because of my "fans club".

LINGUISTICS CULTURAL NIGHT
I would like to say that I performed Matud Nila even better than what I did during the Sing-A-Lingg contest. I also sang Ginoo, Walay Sukod since the request was that I sing Visayan Songs. Kahit sila Mother Jeff ay na-shock kasi bumirit ako habang nakaupo at kahit ako ay hindi makapaniwala sa nagawa ko. Jerome also played his guitar very well. You see, Jerome has the tendency to get nervous and mess up the chords during actual performances but he performed quite well during the Ling Cultural Night.

To watch more of UP SIKAT, here's our schedule:

February 3: Music Night at the Treehouse Restaurant, 7pm
February 11: PowerBooks Greenbelt 3 (tentative pa yata ito)
February 13: Tau Alpha Night, UP Fair, 9pm
February 16: Sigma Beta/Gawad Kalinga Night, UP Fair (tentative)

Dorm tour schedule will follow.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:48:00 PM, Blogger Ivy said...

I wanna watch sa GB3, coz I've never seen ANY of your performances ever, but Dad says na-confuse raw siya hehehehehe.

 
At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ngayon ko lang ito nakita nay. you just hit the head right. i was nervous in a different way that night. ayokong mapahiya sa mga ka-lingg ko... salamat sa lahat

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://aaekyqaw.com/noue/laln.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://lubbwbgm.com/szym/pniw.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home