The Emergency Singing Sensation

Monday, July 04, 2005

Hello Dolly!

Share an experience/something that shows classical conditioning which explains an abnormal behavior that you have (eg. phobias, fetish, etc.)

The above statement was an exercise my psych140 class had today. I shared something in my class and I thought of sharing it here too.

I can't sleep if I am not hugging my doll. I've been sleeping this way for as long as I can remember. You see, my mom's a doctor and she goes on overnight duty every other day. When I was small, I probably used my doll as a "mommy replacement".

I remember the evolution of dolls that I have slept with. The very first doll I remember was a really fat doll, wearing a house dress. I don't remember her name anymore, but she was really fat (while I was a very thin child). She wasn't stuffed though, she was a plastic doll. I have a picture of me hugging that particular doll.

I also had the "Cory" doll. It was a doll produced in 1986-1987. Now, I find it funny that I used to sleep with a doll looking like Cory Aquino.

Next came a doll I named Pinky. Needless to say, she was pink. I don't know what happened to Pinky. I think she was thrown away by my yaya. Anyway, she was also fat. Pinky was a fat ballerina doll. Her hair was up in two ponytails; she wore a pink tutu and pink ballet slippers. I see replicas of my Pinky being sold in Coralyn stores, but for some reason, I don't buy the replica. Maybe I don't like the idea of replacing the doll I once had. But I do hope to have another Pinky. My Pinky was sooo cute.

Ansherina came (when I was 5 years old) after Pinky. I called Ansherina as such because she's from the Ansherina line of dolls. Ansherina was a red-head doll, wearing a green long-sleeved dress. She was even used by my ate in a Declamation contest as her props, and my sister won first prize in that contest. One night, when I was 9 years old, I got the hives (weird-looking rashes all over the body). My mom thought it was an allergic reaction to Ansherina (who was very dirty that time). Because of that, Ansherina was thrown away.

By then, I had gotten very used to sleeping with a doll. Since Ansherina was thrown away, I asked Santa Claus to give me a doll. The doll that Santa gave me is still my doll until now. Her name is Dolly. My mom tried to wean me from sleeping with dolls several times but she has given up now. I don't think I'll ever outgrow sleeping with a doll.

Oh well, that's all for now. I just felt like writing here in my blog what I shared in class.

HAPPY FIL-AM FRIENDSHIP DAY!

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 05, 2005 10:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kapanarutan mo!!

sana lang mabuhay yung dolls mo ala-chucky...tapos isa-isang pupuntiryahin yung family mo... syempre ikaw lang yung hindi niya papatayin... kasi nga BESTFRIEND ka niya... pero lahat ng taong close sayo... eh TEGI ang kalalabasan...

harharhar...

i wish...

tingnan natin kung magkaron ka pa ng post-classical conditioning effects after maging ala-chucky ng dolitas mo.. hehehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home