The Emergency Singing Sensation

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Thank you, sir

Disclaimer: You may find this post really weird, and perhaps a bit nerdy.

I had the best Polsci 193 class this afternoon. For the first time in my whole UP life, I stepped out of a classroom feeling so touched by what was discussed. I had three "touched ako" moments.

"Touched ako" Moments:

1.)My prof was discussing On Liberty by John Stuart Mill. He wrote something about inaction. To put it simply, JS Mill discussed that an individual may harm others by inaction. One of his examples is "inaction to serve as witness to a crime in court". Nowadays, witnesses may invoke the right to remain silent. But during JS Mill's time, you have no right to remain silent if you are a witness (probably so as not to obstruct justice). For some reason, I felt like a huge burden was taken off my chest when my prof said this. I thought, "At least, I am not guilty of that kind of inaction". I know I did the right thing.

2.)In connection with #1, when my prof was discussing that particular part, we somehow connected. You see, my prof knows about the Kamia Incident. So when he mentioned that particular form of inaction, I looked up and smiled. At the exact same moment, he looked at me and gave me a smile. We gave each other knowing smiles.

3.)When our class was done, I asked him a question about what was discussed. Then, he told me, "JS Mill would've been proud of what you did Miss Cloma". Now, that really made my day. I really enjoyed our PS 193 class this afternoon.

In addition to that, UP SIKAT had a great performance this evening at the Kamia Residence Hall. We made the dormers laugh and they even demanded for an encore.

Oh happy day...oh happy day..when Jesus washed my sins away. He taught me how to walk, to fight and pray....

1 Comments:

At Friday, July 22, 2005 7:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tama si sir, JS Mill would be proud. Stay strong, Marian. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home